Thanks for checking out our job opening; we are excited that you are interested in learning more about NCC Group.
We are on a mission to make society a safer and more secure place. Our people are the ones who make that possible; a global community of talented individuals working together towards a safer future.
We aim to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We work together, we are brilliantly creative, we embrace difference and we want you to join in our mission, as a Senior Account.
Working closely with the General Manager in Copenhagen and reporting to the Finance Manager. You will need to demonstrate excellent commercial awareness alongside strong financial management and great interpersonal skills.
This position forms an integral part of a successful finance team, within an exciting and growing industry, cyber security. You will have good experience of the management accounts process, with associated reporting of P&L and Capex and knowledge and understanding of Danish Payroll.
The main responsibilities
- You will be responsible for preparing a wide variety of outputs and deliverables on a reliable, relevant, accurate and timely basis.
- Management and financial accounts/reporting:
- Assistance in production of monthly management and financial consolidated accounts packs to include analysis and commentary on all areas of the P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash flow and Working Capital
- Maintenance of tangible and intangible asset registers and controls around the process
- Control and reporting of Capex spend, including proactive review and forecasting process with project holders
- Ensure relevant Balance Sheet reconciliations are prepared, reviewed and any issues dealt with promptly
- Assistance in production of Group consolidated and individual statutory accounts, presentation materials for business reviews.
- Assist in preparation of audit schedules and responses to queries
- Assistance in review and analysis of local accounting regulation changes and preparation of technical papers to propose and support accounting treatments re new standards or changes to business which may be impacted by accounting regulations.
Budgeting, forecasting and P&L control
- Production of budgets and forecasts in relation to corporate cost centres
- Reporting and tracking of corporate costs, including regular liaison with and assistance to budget holders
Tax & Treasury
- Oversight and review of monthly bank reconciliation process and outputs
- Assistance in weekly cash reporting and forecasting process
- Payment approver on banking system
- Assisting in preparation, review and delivery of corporate tax and VAT returns
- Supporting the implementation of Workday through provision of local accounting practice and knowledge.
- Supporting end to end testing and data transfer as part of the implementation project
- Working with the Transformation and Systems teams to develop our use of transactional and reporting systems to migrate away from Excel based inputs/outputs whilst constantly seeking to maintain and improve the control environment, including Workday and Hyperion
- Focused on processes and controls to ensure that there is a culture of continuous improvement
- Other ad-hoc project tasks as and when required.
- Administration and processing and payment of the local payroll and expenses to colleagues based in Denmark
- Payment and reconciliation of Invoices and expenses for colleagues based in our other countries
- Intercompany invoicing and reconciliation for colleagues in other legal entities and re-charged to NCC Europe
- Oversight and review of payroll and related submissions eg PSA and payment
- Ensuring payroll reconciliations are maintained versus payroll files and budget/forecast
- Assistance in maintenance of accruals re bonuses, LTIP’s etc
- Good experience of preparing management accounts together with insightful commentary
- Ability to prepare and explain cost centre reports for a non-financial audience
- Ability to review and analyse data or technical accounting issues, drawing out key matters of significance and interpret them in written or verbal communications to finance and non-finance stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in preparing accounts and supporting information
- An understanding of the key drivers of the NCC business model and how developments or changes could impact from an accounting and tax perspective.
- Focused on systems, processes and controls to ensure that risks are minimised, and processes are scalable as the business continues to grow
- Professional level of communication in verbal and written form
About your application
Please apply through LinkedIn here.
We review every application received and will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. If you don’t hear back from us within 10 days please don’t be too disappointed – we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies and we would encourage you to keep an eye on our career opportunities as there may be other suitable roles.